Do you like Artist Trading Cards? Do you want a reliable and successful trade with surprises!? Then join this ATC trade event hosted by Pabkins.
ATC Group Trade Event:
THEME: Fantasy Character or Creature (or both!)
DUE To Host by: November 19th, 2016 (due in my hot little hands by this date!)
SIGN UP: email pabkins at gmail and sign up for this Swap Round only and receive the mailing address.
Participant list limited to 30-50 artists depending upon level of interest.
HOW IT WORKS:
- All Artists mail their cards to Pabkins (who has over 50 successfully completed trades) she'll mix them, switch them, and mail everyone back out 3 different artists cards to you.
- CREATE 3 ON THEME ORIGINAL artist trading cards, receive 3 cards from different artists in return.
- CLEARLY write your name, InstagramID (or deviant if thats how you found this), #artitupwithfriends, Date and Location in the world ON THE BACK OF EACH CARD! *crazy laughter* so everyone knows whose cards they end up with.
- SIZE MATTERS! Cards absolutely must be the standard size of 2.5 x 3.5 inches with straight cut edges OR YOUR CARDS WILL BE RETURNED UNSWAPPED!
- ORIGINALS only! No prints, No Copies, no tracings, no stolen art, don't reference some photo or someone else's illustration that you found on google on somewhere else. Art theft is just not cool. Hand drawn or painted cards only! No collage, stamped, embellishments that popup from the surface and No glue. If you are into collage and mixed media cards please visit ATCSforAll.com as they have many open swaps for those there.
- INDIVIDUALLY sleeve each card in a plastic penny sleeve, no hard sleeves necessary. Saran wrap works in a pinch. This protects them from bad weather. I advise taping the edges of your envelope if you're international, frayed envelope edges happen often! We don't want those cards falling out!
- U.S. ARTISTS: include 1 Forever Postage stamp
- INTERNATIONAL ARTISTS: please donate $1.20 via the Paypal friends and family method to pabkins @ gmail as that is the price of a U.S International postage stamp.
- ALL ARTISTS: Include A CLEARLY WRITTEN RETURN ADDRESS STICKY LABEL printed on it. DO NOT FORGET! addresses are often obscured or destroyed upon delivery, don't make me hunt you down.
- Pabkins will supply the return envelopes, sleeves for those that forgot, Random flat goodies depending on availability, a glitter bomb (beware it might happen), possible prizes and will mail all return cards in a timely manner within a week after the closing due by date.
- Cards must be RECEIVED by Pabkins on or before November 19th 2016, NO EXCEPTIONS will be made.
- SENDING EARLY IS FINE! SENDING LATE IS NOT! Cards not received by the due date WILL be sent back to the artist unswapped. Punctuality is a sign of respect to your fellow artists. Don't wake the dragon.
- AVERAGE DELIVERY TIMES: U.S. Letter Post takes 3-5 days, Canada 4-10 days, from International 7-15 days. Keep that timeline in mind and mail early!
- THE BEST THING ABOUT THIS SWAP!? No one gets screwed! Ooops sorry did I say that...yah I did! Many of you have been left sitting on your porch waiting for that artswap that just never arrived! That cold sad empty mailbox feeling...the struggle is real! I sympathize with you - it has now happened to me more times then I care to count. So DON'T be left waiting & wondering if you'll ever get something back!
- In this TRADE EVENT, You only GET cards IF you SEND cards to Pabkins for the trade stack.
- PUT IN YOUR BEST EFFORT! I cannot stress this enough! Artist Trading cards are NOT intended as quick slap dash works - they are mini works of art! Put forth a true effort otherwise why bother? No one likes to pour their heart and time into a piece of work to then receive a 15 minute doodle in return. Don't do it. I'll give you the stink eye from afar! *maniacal laughter* Let's all give our best effort because I will be swapping out the cards based on an effort for effort basis. Fill up that card folks! Negative empty space is not usually your friend.
- Keep it P.G. No blatant nudity (there are a few extremely talented young artists participating
- Optional: - "Host Gift Card" Do you feel like putting a smile on the crazy Pabkins face!? Organized trade sites often have "hosties" its just an extra card made as a thanks for hosting, providing shipping supplies, covering the cost of postage fees overages, supplying extra random goodies and possible prizes and ensuring everything goes smoothly. So if you feel like "Making Pabkins Happy" Create an extra 4th gift card. (Same theme or a "junk character carrying stuff" ...she just loves those lol) It will be loved, petted, treasured - she'll try to keep fondling to a minimum...and yes we still talk in the third person. This is not required at all so don't even worry about it!
- Optional: Post your received cards on instagram and hashtag #ATCitupwithfriends #artitupwithfriends. Yes you can do sneak peeks and share your art before you send! Post the whole set if you want! If you do forward that post to Pabkins in DM and I'll try to keep comments in mind when I do the swapping out!
- Optional: Random Act of Kindness: - Hosting events and goodies add up on my expenses so extra stamps, cards or postage fees are always gladly accepted but in no way expected. More importantly just have fun and do your best. The awesome that someone gets back just might be that card you created! Don't send in a card that you wouldn't LOVE to have in your collection.
- Optional: email Pabkins with any feedback, suggestions, oodles of love or wails of sorrow. My email box is always open.
- Have FUN and feel free to tag anyone in the comments or on social media. Round 2 depends on Round 1's success